Hi! I'm 08AM
contemporary art / painter, creator
편집적 사고로 인해 어려움을 겪었고, 그 모습을 극복하는 과정에서 수많은 감정의 변화가 있었다.
시시때때로 변하는 감정과, 표현해내고 싶은 내면은 많았으나 그것이 해소로 이어 지기에는 철학적 사고와 독창성이 부족했기 때문에 "오리지널리티가 있는 창작은 무엇인가?" 하는 물음에 뿌리로 두고 가지를 뻗어나갔다.
무형의 상을 시각적 언어로 표현해가는 과정에서, 실체가 없던 이론과 감정들이 결합과 해체를 반복하게 되었는데 그것은 덩어리에서, 선으로, 점으로 해체되어 가장 순수한 모습으로 태어났다가 다시 점에서 선으로 면으로 본 적 없는 덩어리가 되어 나타나며 어쩌면 이것이 그동안의 물음에 답해주는 것 같다는 생각이 들었다.
오리지널리티(Originality), 창작자의 철학이 시작되던 지점에서 끝없이 반복된 질문은 어문에서 평면으로 옮겨져 시각적 형태를 갖추었고, 전에 느낄 수 없었던 자유로움으로 다가와 마치 연기(smoke)처럼 흩날렸다. 마치 새로운 우주가 열리고 세포가 살아나는 경험이었다.
연기(Smoke) 라면, 무엇이 되었든 얼마든지 변화해 창작자가 느끼는 고통과 극복의 과정을 담아내기에 충분했다.
지금도 나는 결합과 해체를 반복하며, 누구도 본 적이 없는 형태로, 때로는 누구나 봐 왔던 형태로 나를 이야기 하고있다.
I struggled with my editorial delusions, and in the process of overcoming them, I experienced many emotional changes.
At times, there were many changing emotions and inner expressions that I wanted to convey, but because philosophical thinking and originality were lacking for them to lead to resolution, I rooted myself in the question, "What is original creation?"
In the process of expressing intangible concepts through visual language, theories and emotions that had no substance were repeatedly combined and dismantled, eventually being born as the purest form from a lump, to a line, to a point, and then again as a shape never seen before. It made me think that maybe this is the answer to the question that has been asked all this time.
The never-ending question that started the creator's philosophy was transformed from language to a visual form, and with an unprecedented freedom, it scattered like smoke. It was like opening up a new universe and experiencing cells come to life.
If it was smoke, it was enough to capture the creator's pain and overcoming process no matter what it became. Even now, I am repeating combinations and dismantlements, telling my story in forms never seen before, and sometimes in forms that everyone has seen before.
대중문화로부터 받은 영향을 작가가 구축한 작품 세계를 통해 표현해내는 현대미술가.
작가는 편집적인 성향을 극복해 내는 과정에서 발견한 에테르(Ether)를 이미지화하여 입체적인 형태로 평면을 구성하며, 작품을 통해 스스로의 존재 이유를 확인하고 작가의 눈으로 본 시대와 사회에 대한 메세지를 그려낸다.
다양한 아이콘을 활용하여 메세지를 전달하고 있으며, 관람자에게 익숙한 형태로 보일 수 있도록 연출하는 것이 작품의 특징이다.
2012년 마이애미 국제교류전시 이후 미시시피 주립 대학(MSU)의 초대를 받으며 아트갤러리 및 시카고의 라큐나에서 전시 등 국제 활동을 계기로 작품을 발전시켰으며,
2013년 서울에서 개최된 Cut&Paste 2013(WCO) 대회에서 우승하며 캐릭터 라이즈 (characterize)에 본격적인 관심을 갖게 된다.
2017년 뉴욕에서 스트릿 아트와 아트마켓을 경험한 후 팝컬쳐에 대한 새로운 이해를 바탕으로 기존 표현 방식과 융합한 차용미술을 시도하게 되었고, 현재까지 그 에너지를 다양한 형태로 발전시켜 가고 있다.
삼성전자, 라이엇 게임즈, 휠라, 푸마, 프링글스 등의 브랜드와의 협업도 꾸준히 병행하며 다방면으로 창작활동을 하고 있다.
08AM is a contemporary artist who expresses the influences received from popular culture through the creative world he has constructed.
During the process of overcoming his editorial tendencies, the artist discovered Ether, which he visualizes and constructs in a three-dimensional form on a two-dimensional plane. Through his works, he confirms his own existence and draws messages about the era and society seen through the artist's eyes.
The artist uses various icons to convey messages and features his works in familiar forms to the viewer.
After the Miami International Exchange Exhibition in 2012, he was invited to Mississippi State University (MSU) and developed his works through international activities such as exhibitions at art galleries and at LaQuna in Chicago. He became interested in Characterize after winning the Cut&Paste 2013 (WCO) contest in Seoul in 2013.
After experiencing street art and art markets in New York in 2017, he attempted to combine the existing expression methods with borrowed art based on a new understanding of current popular culture, and has been developing his energy in various forms since then.
He is also constantly collaborating with brands such as Samsung Electronics, Riot Games, FILA, Puma, and Pringles, and is engaged in various creative activities.
Career and history
2021. SuperRare Aritst 2021 [Superrare.com]
2016. Catholic University, Media Content Design [Lecture]
2013-14. Samsung Electronics [creative, artist work]
▪ 2023.03. "BAMA2023" Artfair [ Collast, KR]
▪ 2023.02. "COAST" Group Show [ MINT ART HOUSE, QLD. AUS]
▪ 2023.02. "My Signature" Group Show [ Collast. KR]
▪ 2022.12. "Black lot" Union Artfair [ Seoul Auction, KR]
▪ 2022.12. "Myoung:Jak" Group exhibition [ Collast, KR]
▪ 2022.11. "Codes of street" Group exhibition [ THEO, KR]
▪ 2022.10. "Art Taipei 2022" Art fair [ Ping Art Space, TAI]
▪ 2022.09. "KIAF SEOUL 2022" Art fair [ Coex, KR]
▪ 2022.08. "DINNER" Group exhibition [ Trendy Art gallery, THI]
▪ 2022.07. "Are you crazy HUMAN?" Solo show [ Chung M, KR]
▪ 2022.07. "Art Basel HongKong 2022" Art Fair [ TEZOS, HK]
▪ 2022.05. "Plastic Art Seoul 2022" Art Fair [ ArtSpace Ho-Hwa, KR]
▪ 2022.05. "Happy Baragi" Group Show [ Collast, KR]
▪ 2022.04. "Group Show" [ ART KKI gallery, KR]
▪ 2022.04. "Galleries Art Fair 2022" [Setec, KR]
▪ 2022.03. "Small" Group Show [Suncity gallery, Noosa, Australia]
▪ 2022.01. "KOREAN GROUP SHOW" [gallery Joyana, Aix en provence, France]
▪ 2021.12. "Meaison de Noel" 2nd NFT Villa show [IHAM gallery, Paris, France]
▪ 2021.12. "eBID" Seoul Auction Exhibition Preview [Seoul Auction, KR]
▪ 2021.12. "MYMY" Group Exhibition [Collast, KR]
▪ 2021.12. "ART TAICHUNG" [L gallery, Taipei]
▪ 2021.11. "DAEGU ART FAIR" [Gallery 41, KR]
▪ 2021.10. "ART DMZ" Group exhibition. [Studio KKI, KR]
▪ 2021.10. "Brave New World" Group exhibition. [THEO, KR]
▪ 2021.08. "Bacance" Group exhibition. [Collast, KR]
▪ 2021.07. "NFT at Home" Group exhibition. [IHAM, Paris]
▪ 2021.06. "Charactopia" Group exhibition. [Collast, KR]
▪ 2021.06. "OWN CREATION" Group exhibition. [Chung M art, KR]
▪ 2021.05. "NFT Villa" NFT artist Group exhibition. [Villa Hamilton, KR]
▪ 2021.05. "SunFlower" Group exhibition. [Collast, KR]
▪ 2020.09. "PARAKID RISE" Mobile App Gallery Launching exhibition. [Theo Art, KR]
▪ 2020.07. "HOMMAGE" 08AM, Gwaja J group exhibition. [L gallery, KR]
▪ 2019.12. "LoL Invade Art" League of Legends 10th collaboration Exhibition [LoL park, KR]
▪ 2019.11. "White sale" group exhibition [artcenter Bupyeong, KR]
▪ 2019.07. "Nostalgia : Wes Anderson" group exhibition [LOTTE gallery, KR]
▪ 2019.01. "Fashion & Goods" group exhibition [Fashion Research Institute, CN]
▪ 2018.10. "IT STYLE" group exhibition [LOTTE gallery, KR]
▪ 2018.09. "My own hero" group exhibition [FIFTY FIFTY, KR]
▪ 2017.12. "Dance Fusion 20th" anniversary exhibition [SUPY, KR]
▪ 2017.11. "COSMIC" group exhibition. [MODIUM, Seoul]
▪ 2016.10. "BEGINS" 08AM SOLO exhibition. [FIFTY FIFTY, Seoul]
▪ 2015.12. "Once Our Land" group exhibition. [Untitled gallery, Vancouver]
▪ 2015.11. Secrert garden group exhibition. [FIFTY FIFTY, Seoul]
▪ 2015.10. Solo show. "monthly project Yoonjongshin" Interview. [LOB, Seoul]
▪ 2015.05. Pringles promotion. collaboration group exhibition. [FIFTY FIFTY, Seoul]
▪ 2014.10. World vision "I Dream: exhibition. [Avenuel Art hall]
▪ 2014.10. Lotte 35th anniversary "bon voyage" Group Exhibition. [LOTTE gallery, seoul]
▪ 2014.03. "CLIQUE" Exhibition 08AM. [Kumho Gallery, Gwang Ju]
▪ 2014.01. TRINITY group exhibition. [FIFTY FIFTY, Seoul]
▪ 2013.10. 4Artist Group Exhibition. [Mississippi State University Art Gallery, Starkville, USA]
▪ 2013.10. “ICHABOD” group exhibition. [the DAVID Creative. Chicago, USA]
- "Live Painting" on the wood with Gwaja in Laquna, Chicago
▪ 2013.07. 08AM SOLO Exhibition [Indie+Visual]. [the Page, Seoul]
▪ 2012.12. "According to Them" Collaboration exhibition. [SPACES gallery, USA]
- "East meet West" Painting on the wall in Wynwood Art District, Miami
- "Live Painting" on the wood in Wynwood Art District, Miami
02. Co-work Experience
▪ 2021.09. [LX Holdings] TV commercial Character Illustration artwork. [Seoul]
▪ 2020.09. [Lotte Food] Goo Goo Cone X 08AM collaboration artwork. [Seoul]
▪ 2017.10. [Dance Fusion 20th] world tour Poster Design. [New york]
▪ 2017.09. [PUBLIC DANCE Mag] Popin pete co-work. [New york]
▪ 2017.08. [PUMA] "Run the streets" art collaboration Poster. [Seoul]
▪ 2014.05. [Häagen-Dazs] "Mango and Raspberry" runching fation show illustration.
▪ 2013.10. [Samsung Electronics C-rap] Mobile game Concept art.
"Heroes classic" character artwork.
▪ 2013.10. [4Artist at MISSISSIPPI] Presentation Poster Design.
▪ 2013.10. [Behance Portfolio Review #4 Korea] Graphic Design.
▪ 2013.07. [SEOUL MONZ x 08AM ]Collaboration TOY Design.
▪ 2013.03. [Behance Portfolio Review #3 Korea] Graphic Design.
▪ 2012.03. [Jeju National University] Culture Exchange Center"History Area" Graphic design.
▪ 2012.01. [Korea JOB World] Kids Area Graphic Design.
▪ 2011.09. [Shinhan Bank] memorial hall Graphic Designer.
▪ 2011.08. [Sang-dong library] writer in History Illust design.
▪ 2011.08. [jmg museum] Kids Area Illust & Graphic Design.
▪ 2011.06. [Daegu National Science Museum] Kids Area Illustration & Graphic Design.
▪ 2010.07. [SEA-A]baseball Club "Han Tam" Character & Emblem Design.
▪ 2010.02. [Gamevil] "legend of baseball" Animation Advertising drawing
▪ 2013.04. [Cut&Paste KOREA] Characterized Seoul. Winner.
▪ 2023.01. [NERDY] Partnership NERDY ARTIST.
▪ 2016.05. [KOREA TIMES] ART / artist Interview.
▪ 2015.10. [Monthly Yoon Jong Shin] 10th, artist Interview.
▪ 2014.04. [SNAPS] VIRTUAL DESIGN SHOWCASE 2014 with 08AM
▪ 2013.10. [Mississippi State University] Artist Prasentation.
▪ 2013.09. [Adobe] Behance Portfolio Review #4 KOREA 2013 Official Organizer.
▪ 2013.06. [CA Collection Vol 09] "Highlight Illustrator" Interview.
▪ 2013.05. [Adobe] Behance Portfolio Review #3 KOREA 2013 Official Organizer.
[Behance] Portfolio Review #3 Korea. speaker
▪ 2013.05. [SNAPS] VIRTUAL DESIGN SHOWCASE 2013 with 08AM
▪ 2013.04. [the David creative. Chicago. USA] Artist Interview.
▪ 2013.03. [LIBBON Korea] Artist Interview.